In the event of an accident, please follow these steps:
1. Stay calm. Make sure everyone is safe.
2. Contact 911 to file an accident report with the police.
3. Do not admit fault. Discuss the accident with only the police and your insurance agent.
4. Get the names, phone numbers, addresses, driver’s license numbers, and insurance policy information of everyone involved in the accident. A description of the vehicle, license plate number and even the vehicle identification number can be helpful.
5. Take photos with your phone.
6. Call your insurance agent.
InsureChampaign is available at 217-356-3111.